As we’ve discussed, it is probably a good idea to choose our future books for more than one month at a time, so people can plan. Our detailed current list of suggestions (from various sources) is at http://www.swhi.net/~steveg/StNick/book-list.html. It has just been updated, so take a look!
I am proposing that we plan to continue alternating fiction and nonfiction, and try to alternate “heavy” or serious works with more entertaining ones. To make the process easier, I suggest we choose our next few from the following “short list.”
- Candide (Voltaire)
- Good Omens (Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett)
- Letters From the Earth, and The Diaries of Adam & Eve (Mark Twain)
- 95 Theses (Martin Luther)
- Existentialism and Human Emotions (J.P. Sartre)
- The Year of Living Biblically (A.J. Jacobs)
- The Plague (Albert Camus)
- The Shack (William P. Young)
- A Canticle for Leibowitz (Walter M. Miller, Jr.)
If you think you will – or even just might – participate, please e-mail Steve Gruenwald with your choices. Please copy and paste the above list into your e-mail and indicate your first, second, and third choices for each month – or, if you like, state other preferences.
– Steve G