- To our Hank Mandziara and Jess Lindberg-Wood, who have blessed and graced us with sacred music the past few Sundays at worship. We are all the beneficiaries of your kindness.
- To Barb and John Bosslet who lead a recent Saturday Evening Prayer while Fr. Manny tended to a wedding rehearsal. Your spiritual leadership is precious and we are grateful for your sharing with us.
- To Steve Gruenwald who reviewed the video documentary and led the subsequent conversation. Many thanks to Steve and his skilled leadership and thanks to all who came, enjoyed, shared snacks and time with one another.
- To our Penny Mandziara who stuffed, our Jenn Brundige who addressed all the 2022 Pledge Form envelopes and our Kristin Jacobs who mailed out the remaining envelopes. Six Busy hands for a most worthy cause. Many thanks to you all.
- To our Hank Mandziara, Russ Jackson and little assistance Eli who are making sure the light fixtures in church are secure and stable. Great work, gentlemen.
- To all who participated in the Diocesan-led program regarding the plight of migrants, those who are stranded at the border and all who are seeking a better, safer life.
Author Archives: News From Nick
News From Nick – Oct.10 – 17, 2018
News from St. Nicholas Episcopal Church, Elk Grove Village Vicar’s Corner A Metra train ride can be quite the adventure. Depending upon the time and line, the ride can be a quiet journey or a nerve rattling encounter.
To Sanai Janice Forde, granddaughter of our Erlene Lee-Forde who was baptized last Sunday. Welcome to the Church and to the faith, little Sanai. You are loved and cherished.
To our Erlene Lee-Forde, Claudia Boyle and Penny Mandziara who created such a lovely and welcoming reception last Sunday to celebrate Sanai’s baptism. What a glorious time had by all.
To LaWayne, Earl and Eason Williams who took the time last Saturday and cleaned the entire church, Hall and Gathering Space. As shiny clean as our facility was, YOU are even more brighter and beautiful!
To our Thelma Malecek who gracefully and with cheer lead Evening Prayer for us last Saturday. Blessings to you, dear lady.
To our Jennifer Brundige who undertook the herculean task of hauling all those pennies to the bank. Jennifer, you continue to selflessly give of yourself and we are all most grateful and thankful.
For all Mothers, those whose company we still enjoy and those who have gone to their eternal rest and gone to sleep in Christ, God bless.